The Off Chance Drawing
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Unless otherwise indicated on the Site (defined below), drawings are open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. You must be 13 or older to enter. Void where otherwise prohibited by local law, rule or regulation.
1. How to Enter. During the applicable Drawing Period (defined below), simply visit www.offchance.com (the “Site”) and register using either your Instagram or Facebook credentials or your email address. You must have an Instagram or Facebook account to register or enter using your Instagram or Facebook credentials. You can receive one entry by visiting the Site and completing the entry form for the applicable Drawing. You may receive up to three additional entries if you access the Instagram application on your mobile device, share the applicable @offchance_official post containing the applicable Drawing prizes, and tag up to three of your Instagram followers in that shared post. (You will receive one additional entry for each follower who also registers at the Site).
If you enter using your mobile device, standard data fees may apply. You should consult your wireless service provider's pricing plan for details. You agree to incur any and all charges demanded by your wireless carrier. You should also check your device's features for capabilities and check the device manual for specific use instructions.
Limit, up to four entries per person for any Drawing. Additional entries by the same person will be subject to disqualification. All terms and conditions of Instagram.com and Facebook.com apply. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Instagram or Facebook account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Instagram or Facebook accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any Instagram or Facebook account or email address, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By entering a Drawing, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Drawing.
2. Drawing Entry Start/End Dates. Each Drawing begins and ends on the times and dates indicated on the Site for such Drawing (“Drawing Period”).
3. Eligibility. Unless otherwise indicated on the Site, participation is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least thirteen (13) years of age. Void where otherwise prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Additional eligibility restrictions or limitations may apply for certain Drawings, including geographical limitations, as set forth on the Site for such particular Drawing. Employees, officers and directors of Congratulations, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of promotion materials, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized to participate in the Drawing if you are not located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Sponsor’s Decisions Final.
Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Drawing, including, but not limited to, interpretation and application of these Official Rules. By entering a Drawing, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to such Drawing.
5. Random Drawing/Odds. Winner(s) of any Drawing will be selected in a random drawing using a random number at the end of a ten minute countdown on the Site (and possibly on Instagram and other platforms in the future, as specified on the Site) from all eligible entries received by the end of the Drawing Period and who register for the drawing within such ten minute countdown period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing. Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor. EVEN IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED ENTRIES AS SPECIFIED ABOVE, YOU MUST ALSO REGISTER FOR THE DRAWING IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO WIN A PRIZE.
The prize(s) for any particular Drawing, as well as the approximate retail value for such prize(s) (“ARV”) will be as set forth on the Site for such particular Drawing.
All prizes are guaranteed authentic and brand new. Prize(s) are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes and unspecified expenses are the responsibility of winner(s). Prizes will be shipped at Sponsor’s expense to winners within thirty days of drawing unless otherwise specified. Limit one prize per person or household during any one month period.
In the event the prize is a trip, the following applies: Actual retail value will depend on winner’s place of residence. Unless otherwise indicated, trip does not include meals, transfers, ground transportation, gratuities or any other expenses. Travel and accommodations subject to availability; certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. If applicable, if winner can not travel on specified dates, prize will be forfeited and the prize may be awarded to an alternate. Winner’s travel companion (if any) must also sign a release before ticketing, and any traveler under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian as their companion.
In the event the prize is a motor vehicle, the following applies: Sales tax, destination charges, freight, delivery, dealer prep, additional equipment, licensing, registration, insurance, title and all other expenses on the receipt and use of the vehicle is the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner is not eligible for any cash rebate programs. Interior/exterior colors of the vehicle to be determined by Sponsor. Winner must have proof of insurance to take delivery of the vehicle in at a dealership to be determined by Sponsor. Sponsor has neither made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the vehicle, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness.
Additional prize restrictions may be set forth on the Site for the applicable Drawing..
7. Notification. Potential winner(s) will be announced at the end of the drawing for the particular Drawing and also notified via email, direct message or Sponsor posting a comment to the potential winner’s Instagram or Facebook account on or about one day following the drawing and may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document within five (5) calendar days of receipt. If any potential winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity and rights transfer document must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian.
Potential winner(s) will be required to reply to Sponsor within five (5) calendar days in order to claim their prize.
If any potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any potential winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate (time-permitting). Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
8. Conditions. BY PARTICIPATING, ENTRANTS AND WINNERS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ANY PROMOTIONAL PARTIES, INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK AND THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONS AGENCIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED ENTITIES”), FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, FOR LOSS, HARM, DAMAGE, INJURY, COST OR EXPENSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH, PREPARATION FOR, TRAVEL TO, OR PARTICIPATION IN DRAWING, OR POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY DRAWING-RELATED ACTIVITY AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY-RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Drawing and acceptance of prize constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, Instagram or Facebook name / handle, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait (including, without limitation, any likeness, photograph, picture or portrait of winner included on their Instagram or Facebook account), voice, biographical information, and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Drawing or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Drawing in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Drawing cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
9. Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Released Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Drawing, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Drawing or downloading any materials in any Drawing. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend any Drawing should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Drawing. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Drawing or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Drawing or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Drawing by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE DRAWING MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF ANY SITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE DRAWING AND/OR THE DRAWING ITSELF AND/OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY SITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE DRAWING. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS DRAWING AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Drawing. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Drawing shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, City of New York.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Drawing, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to New York County in the State of New York. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
13. Name of Winner/List of Winners. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope no later than 30 days after the close of the applicable Drawing Period to: OffChance Winners List, 892 McDonald Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11218 with the title and date of drawing.
14. Sponsor. Congratulations, Inc., 892 McDonald Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11218
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK. YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO SPONSOR AND NOT TO INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK.